ToR of Department of ICT
The ICT Department supports the communication and knowledge exchange in the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change in terms of information and communication technology
The Department provides support for employees and ensures that IT (management) resources are used as well as possible. It is also responsible for matching the society’s needs, at an individual and group level, services.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- The Development of the required Legal Framework for developing the ICT sector in the ministry of Environment and Rural Development
- Study and assess current and future ICT regulations needed by the Ministry of environment.
- Managing the Resources under the supervision of the Director-General and the Minister.
- Prepare and Implement Guidelines Official Social Media accounts management (guidelines, security, and verification).
- Prepare and implement a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation system and tools for the Department for the implementation of ICT regulations and guidelines.
FUCTIONS OF ICT DEPARTMENT
- Automation of core services;
- Provision of hardware and software;
- Maintain server functions;
- Data management services;
- Technical Support Services;
- Website design and development
1) Network Section
ICT DEPARTMENT SECTIONS
ICT Unit oversees the installation and maintenance of computer network systems within a Ministry including CCTV cameras and internet.
2) System and Database Section
The ICT Department is responsible to utilize the skills of a web developer, programmer and possibly other IT professionals in creating and maintaining programs that help to achieve the ministry’s goals.
The ICT Team often works with software developers and engineers to translate their designs into workable code.
3) Technical Support Section
The ICT Department provides this service for all the users who need access to the Ministry’s computer systems. This might entail installing new software or hardware, repairing hardware that has become faulty,
training employees in the use of new software, and troubleshooting problems with the system or with an individual’s computer.
ICT Department have been taking on a greater role in the technical side of ministry communication. This includes point to point conference calls, and video and web conferences, as well as less direct forms of electronic communication
like, email systems, secure servers, Security of Social Media eg: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).